Friday, July 07, 2006

Left Behind Meal

Left Behind Menu of Comfort foods
Chicken soup
Homemade crackers
Fruit Salad
No bake chocolate cookies
Peach Tea


Tip: Have you ever been left behind? If you have, you know the feeling. Recently my husband and I had a very exhausting day of car troubles. Without repairs, our son met us in Huntsville, AL, loaded the vehicle onto a trailer and we started home. He stopped at a service station for fuel and then drove the car to another location for air in the tires. In the meantime, I had gotten out of the vehicle without my husband or son noticing me. (I thought I had told one of them, or NOT.) They got in the car and pulled out as I walked out of the restroom door. The station owner says, “I think they just left you.” Away they drove into 5 lanes of traffic. I knew they would probably be in Chattanooga, TN by the time they realized I was missing, so I just sat down on the curb. I couldn’t call them BECAUSE my cell phone was in the vehicle with them. Fortunately they realized I was not talking to them, BUT it was difficult to turn around in a suburban towing a trailer with a SUV on it. They returned, PRAISE THE LORD! By then, I was ready for a lot of comfort foods. This is the menu that I planned while waiting.
Food for Thought:
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 RV
Family Meal Planning
Eating Well for Wellness
When God created people, He gave us the ability to plan and prepare nutritious food choices, promote exercise and pray. He gave us the choice to turn to Him in our times of difficulties and seek His help. Scientists have found that certain foods contain substances that have calming affects on stressed people. Poultry and chocolate are among these foods. It is the responsibility of meal planners to combine these choices when family member need comforting.

From the Nutritionist: Our menu has a comforting quality. Cook a chicken until it falls off the bones. Remove chicken and debone. Strain broth. The stew provides protein. Make dumplings and cook in boiling broth. When dumplings are done, add chicken and one cup of cream to broth-salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle parsley leaves on top. Cut cantaloupe and prepare strawberries and grapes. Place on a lettuce leaf. Dab a dollop of yogurt on top. Serve with home made cheese crackers. The fruit salad and breads supply needed vitamins and minerals. Make oatmeal and chocolate no-bake cookies. For diabetics the dumplings and cookies are two bread exchanges. Enjoy the relaxing meal with a cup of hot peach tea. Sit back, sip and relax and forget being left behind!

Recipes are available upon request.Comments and questions are welcomed.Please share this web site with a friend.
Recipes are found in Callaway Cookin’. http://www.mealswithamessage.com/








Bookmarkz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home